The three core tenets that we consider pivotal for an exciting experience, and healthy, marketable and profitable product are: ensuring a comprehensive development cycle, utilizing innovative design practices, and providing a test-driven approach.
As an affordable, reliable, and communicative vendor Puny Human is available to help you achieve your goals and deliverables. With experience from studios like Offworld Industries, Epic Games and RedStorm Entertainment, we’ll help you drive a fantastic product to market promptly.
Identifying an attentive, skilled, and detail-oriented engineering team for your video game project can be a challenge. A talented engineering team serves as a cornerstone of the development cycle. Our engineers are quick to ramp-up, performance-minded, and possess a breadth of technical knowledge:
Diverse Technical Expertise
Puny Human has assisted with projects from their beginning, as well as provided support during the middle of a development cycle. Our engineers are familiar with a wide array of engines, toolkits, APIs and middleware to get the job done.
- Created the features necessary to make the entire user interface work with a keyboard and mouse for both VR and Non-VR modes on PC.
- Built code that would support the addition of new UI experiences specific for PC.
- Reworked the UI code base to make it platform-independent to create better support to any upcoming new platforms, such as the Switch and Xbox One.
- Developed Automated tests to gather performance data, format and output readable data for Xbox One.
- Authored a reliable Continuous Integration / Continuous Development platform for building and deploying builds for five platforms, to seven target locations.
- Developed a user management solution that handled in-game user swapping in a way that met the platform guidelines.
- Development started on Unreal Engine 4.10 and has continued to Unreal Engine 4.20 in 2020, through numerous engine upgrades.
- Created performant turn-based combat system for fighting against multiple opponents and bosses. This system allows for waves of enemies, real-time play alongside continuous player input, and plays animations and effects to play in sequential order without slowing player input.
- Composed ability system that integrates with combat system, allowing for data driven abilities with passive effects that stack and modify numerous values, including attack damage, armor and health.
- Created the initial implementation of the in-game mini-map systems.
- Developed the paperdoll system for NPC and character interaction.
- Authored the mechanics behind the in-game puzzle weapons, their unlockables and systems.
- Routinely made changes for CPU and Render thread performance optimization.
- Constructed and/or maintained numerous systems, including controller and grid movement, options menus, and combat user interface.
- Development started on Unreal Engine 4.3 in 2014, released on Unreal Engine 4.7, continuing to Unreal Engine 4.23 in 2020.
- Developed manager which spawns puzzle pieces ahead of the player and properly cleans them up after they’re off screen.
- Created system to import spreadsheet files containing puzzle-piece patterns into puzzle piece manager.
- Authored numerous AI movement and shooting patterns for enemies to interact with up to four players.
- Constructed numerous behaviors for AI bosses that attack players various phases based on time and health.
- Started with development using the Left 4 Dead 2 branch in 2009
- Shipped with the Portal 2 branch in 2013
- Migrated to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive branch from Portal 2 SDK in 2018.
- Started development and shipped using Source Engine SDK in 2005
- Migrated to Half-Life 2: Episode 1 branch from Orange Box SDK in 2018
Gameplay is our forte. From first-person shooters to shoot ’em ups, we’re adaptable to any genre. We program in a design-focused way, by building scaleable tools and systems for designers, that allows for rapid design iteration.
Multiplayer For All
We’re experienced in multiplayer, with 12+ years of experience developing our own or client titles, we work well online.
- Built titles from the ground up utilizing a client and server model for development and testing.
- Using Automation, deployed game servers to Cloud Hosting services like Vultr, Digital Ocean and Azure.
- Developed melee and projectile based features using lag compensation and prediction.
Puny Human can develop for Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation 4, and the Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems! We’ve released titles on all of the major consoles, and we can help you bring your title there too!
Puny Human lives for optimization. With a test-driven development model, we’ll identify spots in your code for improvement.
In need of a talented programming team?
See how we can assist you with your programming and engineering needs
It’s no small task to make a game visually appealing. An even bigger challenge can be communicating your artistic vision with your team. We’re here to help bring the beauty and unique style of your game to life:
“Good enough” is never good enough for us. Whether it’s a moss-covered pillar or an extravagant temple, we take the time needed to give every asset that extra edge of polish that separates good art from stunning art.
Optimization In Mind
Every game has a fine line between great art and a smooth user experience. Our artists strive to toe that line, ensuring that each asset is both optimized and beautifully-rendered.
It’s frustrating when assets are breath-taking on one device and a polygonal mess on another. Each asset crafted by us is made with a wide range of hardware in mind so that as many players as possible can enjoy the beauty of your world.
In need of skilled artists?
We’ll help make your product stand out and look visually stunning.
Not everyone’s top priorities are setting up meetings, discovering team needs, and planning out tasks. We pride ourselves at doing all the above, and much more, to aid teams in in an organized and timely manner.
A good producer should multiple the productive force of any team. Our priority is to ensure everyone has the tools needed to be able to stay focus at the task at hand. Whether it’s hardware, software, knowledge, or communication; We put the needs of the team first!
A failure to plan is a plan to fail. We ensure that everything is accounted for when we plan out our sprints. Tasks are created action-oriented, specific, and always obtainable, and bugs are never left without a owner to fix them.
Developers can get tunnel vision when it comes to fine-tuning assets and fixing defects. We keep everyone honest about what needs to be done. Our eyes are focused on what will make a quality product to deliver.
In need of a detailed-oriented logistics team?
Delivering a project on time is difficult, so let us take the strain away.