Senior 3D Artist (Raleigh NC)
Puny Human is a game development company located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Formed in 2007, we are composed of numerous fun-loving, experienced game developers with a mission to provide our players with entertaining and lasting experiences in a healthy, open, and versatile way.
We are searching for a Senior 3D Artist to serve as the Lead Artist on a project level, ensuring artistic quality and acting in a leadership capacity for other artists on the team. The Lead Artist on this project will be working closely with other artists, engineers, testers, designers and work with Production, Engineering, Design, and Test leads.
This person must be extremely detail-oriented, always willing to learn, and be humble. Expect this work to be for a title running on PC, Consoles, and Mobile devices. 18 years of age or older. A high school or college degree not required. Attitude over aptitude.
3D Artists serving in a Lead Artist role own and are responsible for art quality, aesthetic vision and, ensures highly attentive and rigorous practices for the team to ensure assets of high visual fidelity and optimization.
- Lead the artists in ensuring a high-quality product, promoting collaboration and organization among the project’s most inventive and quality-oriented artists.
- Creates and modifies a variety of based 3D assets; models, textures, animations, and skeletal meshes, implementing them into an Unreal Engine 4 project.
- Analyzes client requirements and either creates sketches or works with concept artists to create initial drawings to visualize the intended objective.
- Develops vision material, including mood boards, shape language, and color theory documents for ensuring a unified artistic vision.
- Develops model, texture, and other asset development guidelines and standards for all developers to follow.
- Cultivates a lean, agile team-wide personality focused on customer satisfaction, client happiness, engineering excellence, and knowledge sharing.
- Provides feedback about game design, art choices, difficulty, and balance to other developers and leads.
- Ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations and fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Ensures product meets or exceeds defined quality goals in accordance to project production guidelines.
- Provides regular coaching and mentorship to the art team, providing guidance with other disciplines when necessary and warranted.
- 6 or more years of experience working with real-time 3D game development.
- 4 or more years working with 3D modeling and texturing in an environment, vehicle, weapons, or character artist capacity.
- Strong understanding of 3D standards and philosophies necessary to create highly optimized art assets in a collaborative environment.
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and advanced comprehension using various features of the editor.
- Strong understanding of time management, estimation, scope, and requirements work in a team setting.
- Intermediate understanding of how source-control management software such as PlasticSCM, Perforce, Git, or SVN.
- Minor understanding of Agile Scrum methodologies such as Scrumban or Kanban.
- A discerner, understanding perspectives, empathetic and never making assumptions based on their own interpretation.
- A captivator, with a talkative, outgoing, and friendly personality and positive attitude.
- A sage, capable of maintaining composure in front of many or being interviewed.
- A forward-thinker, constantly formulating new ideas to reach audiences or satisfy fans.
- A creator, capable of trying new things through inventive and innovative means.
- A team player, willing to help regardless of peer relationships or target project.
- A self-starter, able to be motivated regardless of situation or circumstances.
- Tolerant, that doesn’t care about what makes somebody a human being.
- Organized, efficiently self-managing time and tasks to stay on schedule and within budget.