Quality Assurance Analyst(Raleigh NC)
Puny Human is a game development company located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Formed in 2007, we are composed of numerous fun-loving, experienced game developers with a mission to provide our players with entertaining and lasting experiences in a healthy, open, and versatile way.
We are searching for a Quality Assurance Analyst to serve as the Lead Tester at a project level, ensuring test quality and acting in a leadership capacity for other testers on the team. The Lead Tester on this project will be working closely with other testers, engineers, artists, designers and work with Production, Art, Design, and Test leads.
This person must be extremely detail-oriented, willing to learn and be humble. Expect this work to be for a title running on PC, Consoles, and Mobile devices. 18 years of age or older. A high school or college degree not required. Attitude over aptitude.
Quality Assurance Analysts serving in a Lead Tester role own and are responsible for test quality, test execution reports, and ensures highly analytical and methodical test practices for assessing product health.
- Lead the testers in ensuring a high-quality product, promoting collaboration among the project’s most discerning and quality-oriented analysts.
- Writes and manages strict, standardized cleanliness-driven guidelines for reporting to defect trackers.
- Analyzes client requirements and writes manual test cases that assess product quality.
- Analyzes product design and writes test plans stating the approach for testing the product and its functionality under various conditions.
- Provides project leadership with recurring, detailed reports stating the health and quality of the product, and status of test execution.
- Schedules and attends recurring playtest sessions, ensuring high communication and focus of all testers involved.
- Coaches and mentors fellow testers in identifying and documenting defects to defect trackers.
- Performs investigation within a game’s build or the Unreal Engine 4 editor to reproduce, isolate, and document product defects.
- Provides feedback about game design, art choices, difficulty, and balance to developers and leads.
- Ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations and fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Ensures product meets or exceeds defined quality goals in accordance to project production guidelines.
- History working with technical or game development teams in small (4 – 12) and medium (13 – 30) sizes in a Quality Assurance role.
- Extensive experience creating test cases, test suites, and test plans with multiple test scenarios and permutations.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, or their Google, LibreOffice, or OpenOffice alternatives.
- Intermediate experience creating smoke testing test plans and permutation matrices.
- Basic experience with automated stress or performance testing tools.
- Strong understanding of time management, estimation, scope, and requirements work in a team setting.
- Strong understanding of ad-hoc, functional, acceptance, E2E, regression, and compatibility testing.
- Minor understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and basic comprehension using various features of the editor.
- Minor understanding of Agile Scrum methodologies such as Scrumban or Kanban.
- Minor understanding of how source-control management software such as PlasticSCM, Perforce, Git, or SVN.
- A team player, willing to help regardless of peer relationships or target project.
- A self-starter, able to be motivated regardless of situation or circumstances.
- A fast learner, that can admit ignorance and perform research to gain knowledge
- A problem-solver can critically think about issues and circumstances, and affected parties.
- Open-minded, willing to be a devil’s advocate or hear new ideas and thought.
- Tolerant, that doesn’t care about what makes somebody a human being.
- Organized, efficiently self-managing time and tasks to stay on schedule and within budget.