Producer (Raleigh NC)
Puny Human is a game development company located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Formed in 2007, we are composed of numerous fun-loving, experienced game developers with a mission to provide our players with entertaining and lasting experiences in a healthy, open, and versatile way.
We are searching for a Producer to serve as the Lead Producer at a project level, ensuring a proper project management methodology, workflow, and roadmap, while acting in a leadership capacity for the team. The Lead Producer on this project will be working closely with engineers, artists, designers, other producers, and work with the Art, Design, and Test Leads.
This person must be extremely detail-oriented, process-driven, patient, and humble. Expect this work to be for a title running on PC, Consoles, and Mobile devices. 18 years of age or older. A high school or college degree not required. Attitude over aptitude.
Producers serving in a Lead Producer role own and are responsible for project management, processes regarding team organization, scheduling, work items, and planning, and ensures clearly defined requirements delivered to the team for estimation and execution.
- Acts accountably for the product at large, ensuring successful delivery and operation through complex challenges and owning the results regardless of their consequences.
- Cultivates the project and team’s health by creating enduring processes and methods for managing work and communication.
- Utilizes these processes to manage the work of individuals and teams to deliver a satisfactory outcome to end-users and clients, shepherding complicated systems and features through the larger project management methodology.
- Encourages continuous, transparent, and positive communication to promote collaboration among the project’s leaders and stakeholders.
- Develops project schedule and roadmap using project management methodology to ensure timely completion and delivery of features and deliverables.
- Follows, creates, and manages strict, standardized cleanliness-driven guidelines for creating, distributing, and completing work items, groups of work items, and the overall project schedule.
- Works with clients to analyze and translate requests, design, and feedback into actionable requirements for developers to perform estimation against.
- Works with clients to meet or manage expectations, foster trust, and ensure partner satisfaction.
- Provides team, client, and company leadership with recurring, detailed reports of project timeline health and roadmap.
- Previous experience working with game development teams in a production role, managing teams to create and deliver complicated products to end-users.
- Exhaustive understanding of game development, the software development lifecycle, and the video games industry.
- Marvelous attention to detail, organizational, and planning skills.
- Experience with multiple agile frameworks such as Scrum, and project management methodologies such as Scrumban or Kanban.
- Technical or functional aptitude with experience in non-production-related game development disciplines such as engineering, design, or art.
- Background on project teams serving as a conflict resolver, communication relay, and emotional and perspective organizer for team members.
- Involvement in a role that required deep, critical problem-solving skills requiring the use of rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Action-oriented and independent in order to start and stay productive without any oversight or encouragement from peers or leadership.
- Extensive experience creating test cases, test suites, and test plans with multiple test scenarios and permutations.
- Ability to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision.
- A team player, willing to help regardless of peer relationships or target project.
- A self-starter, able to be motivated regardless of situation or circumstances.
- A fast-learner, that can admit ignorance and perform research to gain knowledge
- A problem-solver can critically think about issues and circumstances, and affected parties.
- Open-minded, willing to be a devil’s advocate or hear new ideas and thought.
- Tolerant, that doesn’t care about what makes somebody a human being.
- Organized, efficiently self-managing time and tasks to stay on schedule and within budget.