UE4 C++ Engineer (Raleigh NC)
We’re staying busy with client work, and our internal projects, but every now and then we just need some good ‘ole fashion engineering help.
We’re looking for additional Unreal Engine 4 engineers to join our talented crew for future work. Expect this work to be for a title for Windows, OSX, Linux, Xbox One, and PS4, requiring experience with optimizing performance under CPU or GPU limiting conditions. Candidates must show proven expertise with Unreal Engine 4, its various tools, frameworks, and dependencies. Preferred candidates have at least 2 years of experience with the Unreal Editor, 4 years of proven programming experience, and shipped AAA title experience with Unreal or Unity.
- Write and edit organized and clean C++ code for use in Unreal Engine 4 and products that use it.
- Create, modify, and manage numerous Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints for use with the game and its various components.
- Be comfortable with using the plethora of Unreal Engine 4 tools, APIs, and plugins that ship with it.
- Ability to build, package, and test a build, addressing product defects or feature shortfalls.
- Participate in C++ code reviews, either as a reviewer or reviewee.
- Discuss with peers regarding technical topics or gameplay feedback.
- A team player, willing to help regardless of peer relationships or target project.
- A self-starter, able to be motivated regardless of situation or circumstances.
- A fast-learner, that can admit ignorance and perform research to gain knowledge
- A problem-solver can critically think about issues and circumstances, and affected parties.
- Open-minded, willing to be a devil’s advocate or hear new ideas and thought.
- Tolerant, that doesn’t care about what makes somebody a human being.
- Organized, efficiently self-managing time and tasks to stay on schedule and within budget.